tinyDoc is a document management system for Joomla! 2.5.x and 3.x.
It allows you to upload and manage files on your Joomla! site, organize them by folders and assign icons for distinct file types.
This is the component for the administrator section – the output will be done using the tinyDoc module or by linking to a file using the Joomla! menu manager.
tinyDoc is published under GNU/GPLv3
- Joomla! CMS 2.5.x or 3.x
Download the component using the link at the end of this page and install it using the Joomla! Extension Manager.
Uninstall the component by using the Joomla! Extension Manager.
After installing, you will find a new menu called „tinyDoc“ in your components menu.
You can select the different functions bei either accessing one of the submenu entries or by opening tinyDoc and using the top menu.
The „manage documents“ screen offers a view of the documents uploaded to your site. You can filter the files either by name, the folder a document is assigned to, the file type or its state.
To add a new document, click the „New“ button on the menu.
To edit an already existing document, click on the name.
To delete documents, check the selection box at the beginning of the corresponding line and click the „Delete“ button on the menu.
To download a document, click on the icon in the corresponding line.
To change the state of a document, click on the state-icon in the corresponding line.
Add / edit documents
The „add / edit document“ screen allows you to either add a new document to your site or edit an already uploaded document.
file: select a file to upload. If you’re editing a document, the file on the server will be replaced with the selected file. Leave empty if you want to keep the original file.
folder: the folder the document will be assigned to.
description: the description of the document.
publish: the initial state of the document.
The „manage folders“ screen offers a view of the tinyDoc folders created on your site.
To add a new folder, click the „New“ button on the menu.
To edit an already existing folder, click on the name.
To delete folders, check the selection box at the beginning of the corresponding line and click the „Delete“ button on the menu. To avoid unwanted loss of data, it is only allowed to delete empty folders.
Add / edit folders
The „add / edit folder“ screen allows you to either add a new folder or edit an already existing folder.
name: the name of the folder
parent: parent folder, will be ‚—‚ for root folders
The „manage types“ screen offers a list of thedistinct filetypes (mime-types) uploaded to your site. You can select a distinct icon for each type.
To set / change the filetype, click on the radio-button preceeding the icon.
description length: maximum description length to be displayed in the „manage documents“ screen
date format: strftime compatible string for the date format used in the „manage documents“ screen without the leading ‚%‘
convert size: convert size to KB, MB, GB in the „manage documents“ screen
default icon: icon to be used for filetypes not set in the „manage types“ screen
This software is provided as is without any guarantees or warranty.
Use at OWN risk!
- added: current filtered folder (if set) is used as default for new documents
- fixed: „manage documents“ view not showing correct document order
- changed: Joomla! 3.x compliant document ordering
- fixed: various code fixes
- initial release for Joomla! 3.x
- fixed: some more Warnings in PHP strict mode
- final release for Joomla! 2.5.x
- fixed: Warnings in PHP strict mode
- fixed: tinyDoc now falls back to the „manage documents“ view when a file larger than the maximum sizes defined in the php.ini is uploaded; thanks to Steve for reporting
- changed: button ordering is now more consistent with Joomla! standard; thanks to Alex for suggesting
- fixed: improved error handling if something goes wrong during file upload; thanks to Steve for reporting
- fixed: submenu not showing on new/edit document and new/edit folder view
- fixed: type icons not showing in admin interface if Joomla! is not installed in server root; thanks to Steve for reporting
- added: manual sort order
- info: mod_tinydoc has to be upgraded, too
- added: a direct link to a file could be added using the Joomla! menu manager; thanks to Sonia for the suggestion
- fixed: missing MIME-type for some files
- added: documents can be downloaded by clicking on the icon in the ‚documents‘ view
- added: documents can be filtered by file type in the ‚documents‘ view
- fixed: missing scheme for tinyDoc in the schemes-table
- info: mod_tinydoc has to be upgraded, too
- fixed: module was missing ‚index.html‘-file in some folders
- added: tinyDoc now supports updates using the Joomla! Extension Manager
- changed: license is now GNU/GPLv3
- initial release
com_tinydoc for Joomla! 2.5.x (ZIP-archive; 49,6kb)
com_tinydoc for Joomla! 3.x (ZIP-archive; 50,1kb)